There are several Shepherding Events that Shepherds and their students can participate in:
- Shepherd Saturdays – one Saturday a month, West Dallas Community School offers an opportunity for Shepherds and their students to come to the school and have fun together.
- Baking cookies for the teachers
- Christmas Caroling in a local nursing home
- Play times
- Clean up days
- And more! (see volunteer calendar for specific dates and activities)
- Fall Fair hosted by the Young Professionals at West Dallas Community School is a fun carnival for shepherds to get together with their student and their family at the WDCS playground in November
- Spring Picnic hosted by the Young Professionals at West Dallas Community School allows shepherds to be with their students family over lunch on a Saturday in May
- Hang Out Outside of School – Shepherds can take their students to hang out with other shepherds as long as there are two adults and two children
Restaurants in West Dallas
- Chicken Scratch (2303 Pittman Street)
- Off-site Kitchen (2226 Irving Blvd)
- Mama’s Daughters (2014 Irving Blvd)
- Subway (2231 Singleton Blvd)
Activities Close to West Dallas:
- Go Fishing! Fishtrap Lake is on Singleton and Hampton (about 1 miles away)
- Kylde Warren Park – take a free trolley from Uptown. it will drop you right near the park – children’s park, reading and game courtyard, food trucks and MORE!
- Dallas Museum of Art – is now FREE!